WHAT LEADERSHIP MEANS
Leadership involves movement. It is consciously taking people from one point, level, stage, or/and paradigm to another. Leadership first happens within before manifesting in the outside world. It is about INFLUENCE.
Therefore, you need to lead self first, before leading others.
The most difficult person to lead is yourself. To become a successful leader, and to be able to lead yourself effectively and productively well, you must overcome self first; before leading others.
In order to become a good and influential leader, you must learn to focus on the things you can control internally. Giving attention to the things you can control such as your emotions, your thoughts etc… helps you become more aware and secure.
You place yourself in a serious dilemma when you focus your energy and attention on things you cannot control.
You don’t need a front position to take a front decision. Therefore, you don’t need a position or a title to lead.
• To add growth in your organization you must raise followers.
• To multiply growth in your organization you must raise leaders
WHAT MAKES A LEADER.
• A leader must have character and integrity
• A leader must have a vision, that is the ability to see far. The ability to see the end from the very beginning is a vital characteristic of a leader.
• A leader must have a sense of divine timing; therefore knowing the exact time WHEN certain strategic actions should be taken.
• A leader must have commitments: note, there is a difference between commitment and involvement. A true leader must be committed to his cause, and not just “involved” in it.
• A leader must have the ability to listen; good listening skill is a necessary skill every leader should imbibe, for easy understanding and rapport with his followers and other leaders.
• A leader must be a good observer; a true leader shouldn’t be told EVERYTHING. He should be able to think for himself, and intelligently know what’s happening within his sphere of influence. He must be a good observer.
• A leader must be one that has the ability to initiate change; what is leadership if the force of change isn’t inclusive? A leader must be able to command positive change in the lives of others by influencing their thought patterns and mindset.