Self-awareness is the ability to know yourself. It’s being aware of your strengths and weaknesses, finding opportunities to grow and recognize threats to your paths where you are likely to fall.
You cannot exercise Leadership over yourself if you are ignorant of your strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
HOW TO BECOME SELF-AWARE; QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF.
• What are my strengths?
• What are my weaknesses?
• What are my opportunities?
• What are your threats?
Until you can successfully exercise Leadership over your areas of weaknesses; your areas of strength will be sabotage.
It is wisdom to know your area of weaknesses, it could be; money, women, time, procrastination, resisting authority and mentoring, etc…
Self-confidence is the ability to believe or have confidence in your ability to succeed or achieve your goals. A healthy sense of confidence is required to exercise Leadership over yourself.
You don’t need others to believe in you if you don’t believe in yourself.
Self-motivation is the ability to stay focused, enthusiastic and motivated about one’s goals without external encouragement.
• How focus are you towards your GOALS?
• How enthusiastic are you about your dreams?
• Do you always need the encouragement of others to pursue your purpose?
Self-management is the ability to manage your own time, thoughts and behaviors without the control and observation of others.
• How well do you manage your time in the realization of your goals?
• How well do you control your thoughts life?
HOW TO EXERCISE LEADERSHIP OVER YOURSELF.
• Take responsibility for your thought life; It begins with your thinking.
• Take control of the pictures, images, words, and music that enters your mind; If you can’t control your thoughts, you can’t lead yourself.
• Build a system that adds value to your life on a daily basis; read a life-transforming book like The business of life.
• Submit yourself for Mentorship
• Surround yourself with the right company
MASTERING YOURSELF IS TRUE POWER.
• Focus on yourself
• Positively influence yourself
• Influence your behavior for the kind of results you want.
Effective personal leadership skill is one way of taking control/charge of your life that can help you create the kind of results you desire to create and see in your life. You will not be able to lead others effectively until you have truly mastered yourself and are able to lead yourself in the right way to achieving the results you want.